Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Seriously...I LOVE This Camera!

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE my new camera?! Since I have started digital scrapbooking I have realized the importance of a good picture. I have always loved photography, in fact, I have even taken a class here and there. My problem, however, was the classes I took were for film cameras, and you can't really fully pursue a photography hobby if you have no where to process your film. That is why I love modern technology sometimes. Thanks to the digital camera and Photoshop, I am able to dabble in yet another fun, beautiful, and rewarding hobby.

Here are some of my favorite most recent pictures I took:


Midnight Black Filter


Midnight Sepia Filter


Converted to Black and White, Colorized, Slightly cropped


Converted to Black and White, Midnight Black Filter, Slightly cropped


No processing, see why I love my camera, lol


TLR High Contrast B&W Conversion, Cropped


No processing, I thought the colors were SO rich in this photo


Midnight Black Filter

I still have so much to learn about post processing and photography itself. But the best part about this hobby (although it is turning into so much more) is the gorgeous memories I get to preserve. To me, that is priceless.

With that said, if anyone would like a photo shoot for REALLY cheap; be it, babies, maternity, engagement, Em and I would love the practice. And feel free to pass the word along.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Dang. Now I want a new camera :(

5:48 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I think I will take you up on the photo shoot. I don't really like the kids Easter pics and we need a family one too!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

how cheap are we talking? I'd go for it. I was actually planning to call this week for an appointment somewhere!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

btw, Donna, I love your new pic! Those are my favorite flowers.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

GREAT pictures!!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Hi!
What kind of camera do you have? It takes very good pictures.
I have a FinePix E500 by Fuji Film. Its been such a blessing.
I told Travis is I was using my old manual camera (I took photography in school) that we'd be in debt with me developing photographs haha.
Cause I sure take tons!
My favorite out of that bunch is the one w/ his feet and the egg..
and the one of him on the bright play set (that had no touch-ups). Beautiful! He is adorable.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I want a new camera too...James has a great one, but it is somewhat complicated to use...LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures...of course, you have quite a cutie pie to work with ;)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Great Pictures Angela!!! Can't wait to see some more in some pages :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger _Michelle said...

These are awesome, and I'm sure so much fun!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

yeah, i'd like to have u practice on us sometime too. maybe when the baby comes for some newborn shots. i'm with aut, what prices are we talking? :) also, i love the shot with lots of color, too. very nice.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nancy Comelab said...

Aw such wonderful photos! Let me ask... do you come all the way to Australia for a 'cheap' photoshoot? No? Dang... it seemed like such a great offer! Lol... Oh, your little boy is adorable!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Great photos. I love photography too. No wonder we have about a gazillion pics from Bek's wedding. lol You'll have a wonderful time with this camera and i'll bet you have the same artistic eye for this medium as you do for the others you pursue. Love the feet and egg photo..

1:46 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh these are so great. Makes me want to do more with filters. You definately have it down.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home